A couple gum questions...

From: Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-deja.com)
Date: 07/18/01-10:24:14 PM Z

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hello!

Well i have gone back to Gum printing after a few years. It is a bit slow since my convient light hits my balcony only about 90 min a day.

I am trying to a chieve some of those muted tones from the turn of the century (1900 not 200:-).

For example a subtle olive green tone.

Just so I don't waste a lot of time is the technique to achieve a subtly tone to mix a small amount of a color with black? Making a tinted black?

Or should I just use a tiny amount of pigment with more clear gum?

I don't have it but how useful is Neutral Tone watercolor?

I'm curently using 1:1 Gum to Pot. Dichromate.

Thanks

Mac

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/