Re: homemade tubes

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/22/01-01:56:23 PM Z

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Matthew Hoffman wrote:

> One think to keep in mind with homemade plastic tubes and caps: The cost
> adds up in a hurry....and the tubes don't have a large enough diameter to
> rotate on a Beseler roller. I was able to buy a used Beseler moter base and
> three tubes for less than I spent for the plastic tubes.

In NYC we find these tubes lying around in the street where Con Edison
throws their 6-foot long leftovers. I have a white one in the back yard,
where god knows what-all has taken up residence in the interior. Whoever
would like it is welcome to come pick it up -- a bit grungy now, but I
assume would wash up since it was nice & clean when I acquired it. Of
course that doesn't include the end caps -- I was using tubes for lith
film which develops by red safe light, didn't need to be light tight.

Judy