Re: school ventilation

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 07/22/01-04:52:11 PM Z

Shannon,

Appealing for common sense able collegiate administrator is like looking for
a goose that lays golden eggs. They only exist in fairy tales. There are
OSHA and I would imagine Texas Department of Environmental Quality
regulations that mandate the ventilation. Don't count on the architect
either. He/she is too concerned about the status of the visual appeal of the
building to his/her ego to be concerned with things like the health of the
people that work in the building.

To calculate the cubic feet per of the ventilation fan required is height X
width X length X 33 = CFM of fan required. The actual amount of room air
changes required by OSAH is found in the book of regulations. It's out
there, someone simply needs to look it up.

This is an opinion formed over many years of experience with the critters.