Re: Reducing a PT/PD print

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 07/28/01-08:54:08 PM Z

Eric Neilsen wrote:
> Nick, The reduction of the print may be possible but at what cost?
> ... It work be best just to make another print.

Eric gives the best advice, make another print.

The problem is likely that all too often the printer will underestimate
the dry-down of a print which can differ significantly with different
papers. They are quick to judge a print when wet and thus give too much
exposure.

In some cases over washing a print may cause a "reduction", likely from
material and probably paper fibers as well being washed away (not a good
thing). So water alone may "reduce" your print without the use of an
acid. I have observed this and am now careful to not wash too long
(over an hour). For most any paper, I can completely wash it in less
than 20 minutes (some less than 10).

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/