Re: Thanks and Alt's place in the world etc.

dsbryant@telocity.com
Date: 06/25/01-01:27:45 PM Z

Christine,

> FWIW, Sura Steinberg tells me she is determined to start up Palladio again. I
> for one would be very excited if that happened!
>
> -christine

I hate to sound like a cynic, but I have to ask you why would you be excited. I've never used their product but from most of the reviews I have read their paper was lacking in uniformity, was expensive, and apparently the market rejected it. Since this is a niche product for a very vertical market where most of the practioners of alt roll their own regardless of the choosen process, what can this product provide to the alt worker?

As an example do you purchase your cyanotype paper from Freestyle? (A wretched product in my opinion). Since most alt workers are seeking the best quality print quality what kind of product can Paladio provide?

Anyway my 2 cents worth,

Don Bryant