RE: Poor man's densitometer

From: sstoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 03/12/01-12:07:41 PM Z

The thing about using a densitometer is, I think in the end it will probably
save me time and materials, both of which are in short supply for the poor
person. A lot of people think the zone system stuff is too "techie" and
interferes with intuition, but it helped me a lot. In fact, I am beginning to
think that a good understanding of sensitometry in general is pretty crucial
to getting good prints economically.

As for making a densitometer out of a spotmeter using the directions in Phil
Davis' book: can you still use the spotmeter as a spotmeter after you've made
it into a densitometer?

--shannon