Re: Cyanotype and substrate chemistry

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/01-12:34:26 PM Z

Mac,

I don't know what bleach you are using but if it is chlorox, I seem to recall; from its slippery feel that it is probably a strong alkali. Thus you must get all of that out of the cloth. A rinse in a mild acid solution would seem appropriate. Also I assume that the denhim cloth is natural fiber. My experience has been that only natural fibers work with cyanotype.

Bob Schramm