just dessert, please/ Re: Bostick & Sullivan Circle

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/06/01-03:09:14 PM Z

NOW I understand why folks have half the trouble in alt-photo they do --
they fail reading comprehension. Aside from the fact that I have NOT
authorized anyone else to use my name, and such imposters proceed at their
own risk, let me repeat the point I was making, specifically and only to
answer Sandy's question, which was....

> > Why should he not post here, assuming he is a list member?

Aside from fact that I don't know how anyone NOT a list member could post
here, I said,

> The issue isn't *posting*, it's starting an unrelated operation
> that is waaaaay off topic. What if we all made up fun and games quizzes --
> What was your worst photo experience. When did you photograph your first
> nude... We're list members, too. You wouldn't stand for that for a minute
> -- and the list would be a shambles.

Which is to say I entirely agree with Rick Moore (tho it wasn't a cookie
recipe as I recall). Since the appearance here was apparently
unintentional, followed by an apology -- I did not address the PRESENCE of
the "offtopic" material -- only why someone ELSE's protest was valid, as
indeed it was...

I went on to say,

> True, "conversations" wander, sometimes interestingly, sometimes
> annoyingly, as asides or associations take on little lives of their own,

As cannot be faulted, is in fact what gives the list much of its flavor,
and I wish it to be known that I have gotten (offlist) raves for my tutti
frutti recipe (nearly that time again). The issue, to repeat, was a
deliberate detour into a whole other project... which (it would seem) was
inadvertent.

However, Sandy, it occurs to me now to repeat your question with a
different emphasis:"Why should Sullivan not post to this list?" Indeed
why not? It does seem, however, that in the last year or two, he does NOT
post to this list -- sending only news of his own projects, the Bostick
and Sullivan Circle, Santa Fe APIS, and his own commercial activities. I
don't recall any other, tho of course my memory could be at fault... That
is certainly his privilege, but the effect may have been to emphasize the
incursion.

Incidentally, I thought the letter from the desert was from Dave Soemarko,
and that the "Judy" at the end of it was transposition by the digitons. I
was so pleased to get a greeting from him. Now I'm crushed to think not...
Dave, are you sure you didn't move to the desert?

In any event, a humor writing workshop might be better venue for.....

> > >you've

> > >life

best,

Judy