Re: Color neg film: the epitomy

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/24/01-09:15:08 AM Z

The epitome of it all.

Jack Fulton wrote:
> I've been telling my students for a long time that THE film to use is color
> neg material.
> One can achieve a lovely color print.
> Convert the neg to a positive and hold slide shows after a nice dinner.
> AND make darned good b/w prints.
> In other words, it is the perfect film.
> No grain ...

I guess your students are planning to specialize in the one and only
perfect printing process, what is that?

What do they use for the perfect camera?

I have not found any color material to have the range and flexibility of
processing of many of the single emulsion silver films. So how does one
make a B&W negative from "color neg material" that is superior to
in-camera B&W film?

Further, with the Pt/Pd process I have found a benefit to having grain.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/