Re: Color neg film: the epitomy

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/24/01-04:06:15 PM Z

>>I've been telling my students for a long time that THE film to use is
color
>>neg material.

Color negative material is NOT THE film it is one of several different
approaches. I use Kodachrome for the vast majority of what I shoot and
have found very few situations where I can't use it. But Kodachrome is
only one film out of several.

For the amateur, perhaps negs are the way to go. but if a pro future
dances in their head, restricting them to only color negatives is a
mistake in my opinion.

Now, I know that some will say it is too slow or harder to get processed.
Perhaps true - it is not like the good old days where I could drop film
in the route bag on Monday and have the slides back by Tuesday.

HCM