Re: Coffee Table, quality

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/24/01-08:07:23 PM Z

>>I've seen some pretty decent shots made with the Nikon D-1. When you
>>mention "coffee table" book, though, then I have to wonder if ANY 35mm
>>camera is good for the job.

My experience with this issue tells me no, not well suited. A coffee
table book is mostly visual. the images need to be extremely good. That
means high quality. Can a coffee table book be done in 35mm, sure. But
take a look at your local book store and you will see that the images are
extremely sharp and very high in quality.

I love coffee table books. i collect any large format book dealing with
things like lighthouses, motorcycles, trains, gems and minerals. All
exhibit great images, but my guess there is little digital or 35mm work
used.

HCM