Re: pt/pd desktop negatives

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/27/01-08:05:20 PM Z

Smieglitz@aol.com wrote:
> ... The remaining
> problem would seem to be building up enough ink density ...

How much ink density have you been able to get?
Have you made some test prints (with Pt/Pd) exposed for the correct
maximum black (see Chapter 13 in my guide from link below)?
If so, do you have some scans of prints of a 21-step you can upload to a
web page for reference?

Multiple digital negatives could be used, but it is far simpler to have
a single negative. I thought part of the purpose of the quad and now
hex tones was to allow for a strong enough maximum ink density while
maintaining variation throughout all tone values.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/