Re: densitometer question

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 11/12/01-12:36:02 PM Z

I went to ebay and had a look at the Macbeth TD-102. It appears to be
a color transmission densitometer with an analog readout. I would
gather that it is a model that preceded the TD-504 because the TD-504
has a digital readout. This dates it from the 60s or early 70s. It
should therefore go for less than the price of a TD-504, which you
might be able to check by looking at past auctions. . If in good
working condition it would certainly allow you to read the densities
of monochrome negatives, including stained negatives. As best I can
determine there is no reflection mode so you could not read the
density of prints with this machine.

On this machine you can take a reading in red, green, blue or neutral
by roating the knob at the front of the machine. There will almost
certainly be some way to adjust the readings to allow you to
calibrate transmissions readings from a step table of known values.

Sandy King