RE: foil?

From: Dave & Adina Ewaldz (dewaldz@home.com)
Date: 10/02/01-07:49:14 PM Z

I think you'll find regular acetate bleeds ink like crazy.
I have had limited results using 3M transparency film with inkjet.
This is an acetate film with a rough "tooth" to help hold ink.

The material most people have had the best luck with so far is Pictorico
Inkjet film.
This material has the least amount of dot gain (bleeding) of the inks.

The material is a polyester film with an "inkjet receptive coating".

You still have to watch how much ink you put down to avoid over-saturation.
Info:
http://www.pictorico.com/lproduct.asp?id=4

http://www.pictorico.com/pressrelease.asp?id=27

I have found the best prices for 8.5x11 sizes at Amazon.com
Pictorico also sells 17" x66' bulk rolls on their web site.

I highly recommend you buy Dan Burkholder's book (the bible) for in-depth
info about making
digital negatives.
http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/book_info_main_page1.htm

Here's another link to explore with Photoshop workflows to get you started
for negatives suitable for
gum prints:
http://members.aol.com/gumbycro3/digneg/RGBCMYK.html

Good luck.