Re: pigments and more

From: lva (lva@pamho.net)
Date: 10/04/01-07:51:26 AM Z

> Yeah, pardon my New York sarcasm (see, we're coming back)...

Glad to see that. Seriously, is there any chance I could get 50 or so
grams of that fine white dust from the towers?

> have you ever brushed out the original mix next to the
> "same" color after exposing and developing with the gum and the
> dichromate?

Many times. Do you have have a clue why the results are so different?

> Even after clearing (if you clear, which I rarely do),
> they're always different anyway, at least on this side of the
> Atlantic.

Same here. Why is that so?

> There's another classic artists' materials book, Doerner.... less
> satisfying (when struggling with it I used to say "not quite
> translated from the original German"), but with good info for painters
> (or classic painters) not found elsewhere. Don't know if that's been
> revised or not.

Any idea what the book is called is German? I'd like to locate it. Is it
of interest for gum printers?

Speaking of books, I am desperately looking for this book:

A.W. Thomas -- Color from the Earth: The Preparation and Use of Native
Earth Pigments, 1980.

I've tried bookshops and antiquariats. No luck so far. But I'd really
like to read that.

Greetings

Brahma