Re: pigments and more

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 10/06/01-08:51:33 AM Z

Nicolas,

It doesn't happen with all pigment but some like the bright, mineral green or
mineral blue (I forgot the technical name). There is also a type of mineral
orange which depending on how fine it is can go from orange to red. I do not
know the technical explanation of why they behave that way, however.

With sienna or umbers the difference is not that much, if at all.

Dave S

<< Can anyone explain me the relationship between pigment size and its color?
 remember having read somewhere that the color of coarse pigment looks more
 saturated. Is it true? and why?