Re: Paper

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/13/01-09:45:43 AM Z

Christina,

Crane Cover 90# (resold as 'platinotype', but *not* in any special or
optimised form or batch,) is a nice paper but different in all respects from
Crane Kid Finish, which is also a lovely paper. Both are available at
attractive prices directly from the manufacturer. With the 90# cover, there
is a natural white and a 'flourescent white'. The natural works very well
for Pt/Pd printing, while the brighter white is unreliable (tends to gitty
texture and high contrast) and should be avoided for Pt/Pd. I don't know how
these papers do for cyanotype.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: