Re: Paper

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 10/13/01-11:11:08 AM Z

Subject: Re: Paper
Sent: 10/12/01 8:42 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
             alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca

>lot remaining they have warehoused. www.crane.com, "On line
>shopping/business cards & cover stock, or call Crane Direct sales at
>1/800-5CRANE6 for most of their papers. Crane's 90# Cover white is the best
>for cyanotype."
> Chris

Hmmm, Perhaps it's a matter of preference... My experience (don't know
if it of value for how others work) is that in Sept. 2000, I purchased
100 sheets of "Platinotype" from B&S. I did not find that it printed
Cyanotypes that I preferred over my results on Arches Platine paper. It
is smoother and perhaps whiter than the Arches, but I was never able to
produce the deep blues that I do with the Arches Platine, same results
if I was useing the traditional chemistry or the "New" Ware formula. I
haven't compared the papers (and my results) with Pt/Pl yet.
 I order the Arches Platine from Daniel Smith. 800-426-6740, they don't
offer a 100 sheet price break online, but do by phone.
garimo