Re: Paper

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/13/01-02:46:21 PM Z

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> You do have to buy ten sheets of paper at a time, but the ten sheets
> can be one each of ten different kinds of paper, or five sheets of two
> different kinds, etc. etc as long as there are at least ten sheets
> altogether. It's about making it worth the careful packaging they insist
> on for shipping the paper. Not all of us live where we can just go down

That may be new -- or my order taker (about 3 years ago) didn't know the
system, because I tried to do that & couldn't.

> the street and buy paper, and Daniel Smith is my store. By the way,
> they also have (or used to have anyway) sample packets of 4x4" samples
> of all their papers. The sheets are big enough to make little prints
> on so you can tell for yourself how the paper prints for you, before
> buying even one whole sheet.

Someone else mentioned recently getting sample pack (tho I forget where)
for $2, same idea. Graphic Chemical has (or had) free packet of an amazing
number of papers, tho more like 3 inches.

Judy