Ri:Re: cyanotype, the missing formula

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 10/16/01-07:32:35 AM Z

> ... although varying strength of solution makes different
> contrasts (as does double coating), varying PROPORTIONS of A&B changes
> results according to who you are & why, also your paper & which formula.
> Really -- my students and I and didn't get results always consistent with
> each other and/or Bob Schramm: it's worth a few tests for a particular
> problem, but choice of paper may be easier.
>
> (The Post-Factory issue on cyano is #5.)
>
> Judy

As reported by some people, increasing the ratio of fe citr. to k ferric. would increase the speed, but I have also the suspect that many tests have had made simply varying the ratio of the solutions (i.e. 2:1 instead of 1:1), but not really doubling the concentrations. In this case one obtains different concentrations of both fe citrate and k ferricyanide.
The other question is if, and how, the colour shifts towards different blues (ever with constant paper).

Alberto