Re: Carbon arc exposure unit

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/25/01-08:37:34 AM Z

Too bad. The article I posted seemed to indicate that some movie projectors
still used carbon arc and when I worked at City Hall in LA (I've been
retired from their for 6 years) my office used to look down on the street
and many films were made using the City Hall chambers and surrounds as a
setting and if I am not mistaken they stilled used carbon arcs. As you say:
instant on and color stabilization. This could well be a factor for their
continued use. Dick Knoppow here is quite a film and movie technology
historian and maybe he'd know. Rods should not be too hard to glom onto.

--Dick