Re: Carbon arc exposure unit

From: Tox Gunn (tox@remarque.org)
Date: 10/25/01-10:14:25 AM Z

For a slightly different alternative use:
When I was doing custom jewelry work about 12 years ago, we'd
use sections of the longer, thicker rods as "slag sticks".
By drawing the rod across the melt after it had been fluxed,
the degraded flux and oxides would stick to the rod and leave
a clean melt ready to cast. The ends of the rods would periodically
get a chipping clean, but no other care needed. Worked pretty well.

Tox