Re: cyanotype + chine colle

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 10/25/01-09:24:34 AM Z

nze christian writes:
> The bigger problem is to keep the paper flat and for this it is better to
> fix it with dextrine to a strong paper before you coat it. So it will keep
> flat during coating and exposure and the two tissue will separate during the
> washing.

Someone else asked, "what is dextrine?". In doing a web search, I have
found references to dextrine being a barley-based substance that is used
in beermaking, but more references to it being a water-based glue made
from vegetable starches. It seems to have an important role in taxidermy.

Thanks for the tip, Nze.

--Eric