Re: respirator cartridge for pt pd printing

From: Clay Harmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 04/08/02-08:58:02 PM Z

on 4/8/02 8:41 PM, shannon stoney at sstoney@pdq.net wrote:

> What kind of respirator cartridge should you use when coating with
> the ferric oxalate solutions and the like for pt pd printing?
>
> --shannon
Shannon:

I've never seen anyone use a respirator for coating with FO and pt/pd. It's
a saturated, not-very-volatile solution and very unlikely to end up in your
lungs.

Some people use a dust filter mask when and if they use a blow dryer to dry
the paper on the theory that it will prevent small particles of dried FO and
platinum from ending up in your lungs. I just use a homemade drying box made
from a window fan in a well ventilated, dark area away from the coating
operation.

Clay