Re: respirator cartridge for pt pd printing

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/09/02-08:03:45 PM Z

Shannon, It wholly depends on the size of the prints that you are coating
and the drying method. I will use a mask for drying coating for 20x24 and
larger, if I use a hair dryer. There are times that a quick drying can
prevents streaks, and prevent your solution from soaking too much into the
paper. Also, if your coating solution is void of platinum you stand little
chance of too much exposure. Remember, your eyes and lungs will bring
chemicals into your body before skin contact.

For most coating however, I simply let it hang in the heated drying box and
then place it in the humidifying box.

EJ