Back in the studio again

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 04/10/02-10:25:52 PM Z

  Though posting to this list hardly at all, I do pay a tiny bit of
attention . . most of it is skimmed or tossed but that's due to life style
of the present.
  However, I do wish to echo Dave Cactus Rose' Cowboy comments (that reminds
me of a joke) and he is so darned correct to point out that the truly
curious do NOT have to be led by some professing teaching but can handily
find all info in the library and with patience and perspicacity will find
the true light upon their sheet of paper. Pay attention to Judy (never above
14th street) Siegel and Bob (retired) Schramm and their ongoing tests and
repositories of info.
  The "big bucks" Dave mentions can pay paid directly to yourself while
doing self taught stuff. If we truly enjoy something it is learned and
quickly and thoroughly. Think of your own puberty.
  Where I teach does cost bucks like many another institution yet we still
feel that if the "big bucks" are wished to be spent, that we provide an
overall quality of experience, praxis and education along with atmosphere,
integrity and belief that cannot be equaled by the 'loner'. I respect them
all yet truly to respond to the unique.
  With respect
  Jack (taking time from teaching) Fulton