Re: pyrocat part B question

From: wcharmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 04/23/02-11:12:33 AM Z

Yet another thought. You ARE mixing 100g into 100ml of water
aren't you, and NOT adding water to 100g of solid to make
100ml total solution? The formula is not truly a 100%
solution, since the total volume increases when you add the
carbonate to the water. It is more in the 80% range, if
you're into hair-splitting. I have never had a problem
getting it to dissolve, and it is kinda interesting that it
is definitely an exothermic reaction. I leave the solution
in a mixing beaker for a while to cool before I put it in a
bottle for long term storage.

BTW, I have begun using the pyrocat HD at 1.5:3:100 for some
of the weakish Bergger and Forte films. It really adds some
pop for films that have naturally higher contrast. I have
all this data assembled in spreadsheet form for Tri-X,
Tmax400, FP4, HP5 and Fortepan400 for this dilution. Send me
an offlist request, and I'll forward the data to you.

Clay

Clay