Re: What Postmodernism Means, etc.,etc.,etc.

From: Christopher Lovenguth (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/19/02-12:10:02 PM Z

First, I said for this argument on this list there seems to be two camps.

Second, I said it was an overly simple labels just for the points I was
trying to make.

Third, I can take a roll of film put it in a camera and not think and snap
away. If I do it long enough there will be at some point an image that
represents the use of craft. Unless you are getting so specific with the
idea of thinking, I guess you can argue that you have to think to put in
roll of film, go outside and push a button. And if you think people are
always thinking while taking images, you haven't looked around on photo.net.

Lastly, are you calling non-artist monkeys? There is a huge difference with
my example and yours. Craft is a learning process. Give people the resources
and time they will become very competent. Thinking and originality however,
can not be taught nor will time and resources give you an idea no matter how
much Platinum or Van Dyke you throw at it or how well you print. -Chris