Re: A creamy finish

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 08/27/02-07:54:39 AM Z

I went out to the studio trying to find the 'recipe' for the whipping
(heavy) cream but cannot.
I'll get it though and send it out. Seems like an interesting idea but I've
not needed to use it.

Also, many of you have mentioned the Luminos product but there is another
excellent emulsion available from Cachet in So. CA . . It is called 'Black
Magic' and comes in normal and high contrast emulsions as well as a variable
contrast emulsion. They sell a liquid hardener and what they call photo
gelatin or a baryta coating. The hardener is an aid to sticking on difficult
surfaces. I've know baryta to be white so perhaps they've combined those
two. This baryta might aid as an undercoat on your plates.

>From their product info @ www.onecahet.com

FCachet/fappco Black Magic Liquid Emulsion Systems is the most comprehensive
system on the market. The Cachet/fappco system boasts three different
emulsions: A normal contrast, a high contrast, and a unique to
Cachet/fappco, variable contrast emulsion. To help improve mechanical
adhesion to difficult surfaces, Cachet/fappco has a unique Black Magic
Hardener that user adds to the to the developer, as opposed to other systems
that add the hardener to the fixer or to the emulsion itself.

A Black Magic Baryta Gelatin helps with coating highly absorbent objects
like fabrics. Users can coat everything from wood, cloth and metals to
ordinary paper with this photo sensitive emulsion. Images are transferred
and developed using regular darkroom equipment and chemistries. Black Magic
Liquid Emulsion is packaged in a unique container that allows the user to
remove and process smaller quantities of emulsion rather than having to heat
up the whole bottle for each use.

Jack