RE: quick draw large format

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/29/02-03:02:46 PM Z

I'm sorry, can you clarify what exactly a river strewn with baby heads is?

i'm a little frightened as to what is going on in colorado.

steve

<alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
> Date: 8/29/2002 4:43:42 PM
> Subject: RE: quick draw large format
>
> I agree with Carl, with practice it's pretty easy to be quick setting up
and

> shooting a frame. My typical situation, hiking around the Colorado hills
is

> from the time I pull the pack off my back to putting it back on is

> lessminutes. The big time killer for me is if I have to extend the Reis

> legs. Of course during the 30 minutes of really nice morning or eve
light, I

> shoulder the camera and run around shooting as much as I can in this small

> window of time. Scouting reports go a long way at these times. I must
admit

> though, there are situations that can slow you down pretty good. A good

> steady rain/snow or a river strewn with baby heads have been known to beat

> me up pretty good. In the urban setting, it's people coming up asking
about

> that neat old camera your using, especially the guy who "used to do that

> too" ten years ago.

> ----------------------------

> Mateo Leyba

> > ----------

but

> > I'm

> > >not. (How do you get to use a view camera fast? Same way you get to

> > Carnegie

> > >Hall--practice!)

> > We're going to start calling you Quick Draw Carl. Seriously, how do

> > you do this? It takes me ten minutes minimum to get the camera out

> > of the backpack, put it on the tripod, open it, etc, etc. Maybe you

> > mean your camera is already on the tripod over your shoulder and your

> > other stuff is in the backpack?

> > --shannon

> > --

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- http://www.unbeknownst.org/~insurrective /
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/insurrection
--- In fact, rock, rather than being an example of how freedom can be
achieved within the capitalist structure, is
     an example of how capitalism can, almost without a conscious effort,
deceive those whom it oppresses...So
     effective has the rock industry been in encouraging the spirit of
optimistic youth take-over that rock's truly
     hard political edge, it's constant exploration of the varieties of
youthful frustration, has been ignored
     and softened. --Michael Lydon