Re: Magic Brush

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 02/05/02-10:21:38 AM Z

I use all of them (brush, rod, and foam brush) for different processes and
papers.

Foam brushes are great for mid strength (or better) papers that have been
gelatin coated for gum. They seem to do better than bristle for coating gum
(I still like bristles for the final evening of gum). On non gelatin coated
papers, foam brushes cause real problems with abrasion.

Bristle brushes are far better in these situations. They are absolutely
needed when coating plat or cyan (or any other "watery" solution) onto
textured papers. They also give the best "messy brush stroke edge" of the
three options.

Rods are great of coating lighting chemicals onto hot pressed papers. While
I haven't tried the "Magic Brush" (I too keep hearing "The Who" during this
conversation).... rods use less expensive chemicals than the bristle brushes
I own.

It is great to have choices!

--
Tom Ferguson