Re: Oleobrom

DENNIS@klink47.freeserve.co.uk
Date: 02/09/02-11:24:30 AM Z

Hello John and Pete You are correct Pete it was invented by Shepherd and
Foster Renwick(Who Invented Multigrade Paper} in 1930 and was introduced
commercially by Wellington & Ward who were swallowed up by Ilford Ltd the
same year.As you mention Pete the main difference from Bromoil is that the
Matrix was inked up dry with a roller leaving an overall grey ink deposit on
the paper,it was then placed in a water bath and a Rubber roller "Developed
the print under water".In the UK as you mentioned John,Kirk Toft has been
using this process and demonstating it to camera clubs in the Yorkshire
area of the UK.for a number of years, Kirk is not on this list but he is a
member of the Bromoil Circle of Great Britain and is a member of the
International Society Of Bromoilists and subscribes to Gene Laughers Bromoil
List .If you think the bromoil process has come as far as it can you should
see some of the bromoil transfers that Gene has been doing on
alternative substrates to paper ie platerboard and Muslin.For further
information on Olebrom see History and Practice of Oil and Bromoil Printing
by Luis Nadeau and Bromoil and Transfer by Leonard Gabriel Pitman/Greenwood
1930 And in the next issue of Post Factory there is an article on
Olebrom by Joe Besse who is also a member of ISOB
Hope this helps John
Dennis Klinker----- Original Message -----