Re: Oleobrom

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 02/10/02-03:45:48 PM Z

Cactus Cowboy wrote:

> I've found Gum to be very rewarding, with only occasional failures.

I agree; I don't think gum printing is particularly difficult. Most gum
printers haven't had much trouble figuring out a system that works well
for them, with or without assistance. The whole problem comes when gum
printers start talking to each other and discover that there are as many
different ways to print gum as there are gum printers, and at least as
many opinions about what works and what doesn't, about which sources are
useful and which aren't, and so forth. It might be less confusing for
beginners to just shut themselves in a room with some gum and pigment
and dichromate and a light and learn from the materials (which as far as
I'm concerned is the only reasonable way to learn gum printing) rather
than trying to make sense out of widely differing advice.

Katharine Thayer