Re: Oleobrom and Gum

Grafist@aol.com
Date: 02/11/02-03:00:07 PM Z

In a message dated 11/02/02 04:01:30 GMT Standard Time, jseigel@panix.com
writes:

> John, I am entirely lacking in sense of humor as is well known. So I'd be
> much obliged if you'd explain the joke, which has, alas, escaped me. I'm
> serious, really. You mean it's all a joke?
Judy .....Nice one, and thanks to all for the encouragement offered on
learning Gum. My hesitancy comes from all the words and apparent emotions
which have been flying around on this list for the past seven years, or so,
which makes one very indecisive about WHERE to start. At present I am very
much absorbed, again, by research into my research on Direct Carbon which,
it seems, works on an entirely different principle to Gum....particularly as
it does not use Gum as the vehicle for the pigment. But, staining does
occur. In fact, it is the pigment " stain" which forms the pictorial image in
my DC process i.e. as far as I can deduce by visualizing what is happening
amongst all those molecules in the coatings. Does that give anyone a clue?
More later if anyone's willing to experiment without Gum. Dave Soemarko, I
remember, experimented along Direct Carbon lines but I seem to remember also
that his process used Gum. Dave, please correct me if I am wrong in this
detail.
  Judy, Re. the humor thing. I am afraid I am lacking in a sense of
over seriousness but maybe this is not as well known as your lack of sense
of humor. Da ! ! Da! !
                  Spring is nearly here, again,,, and March hares.
                                     John - ftgrfst.