Re: Casein Prints, Sodium Caseinate Availability

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/19/02-10:48:44 PM Z

I was thinking about using casein as size too but never got to try it. Since
casein is soluble in alkali, and ammonia is volatile, it seems like simply
casein dissolved in amonnia itself is good enough as size as the ammonia will
eventually evaporate out and the casein become insoluble again (or at least
less soluble).

Dave S

<< I never pursued casein printing although I'm thinking a layer of
unpigmented
 and briefly exposed casein dichromate emulsion might make a good surface
size
 layer for gum or further casein printing.