OK one more time with gold toning van dyke browns

From: Christopher Lovenguth (chrisml@pacbell.net)
Date: 01/29/02-01:39:48 AM Z

OK so I'm really interested in trying this. I have ordered: 1 gram of Gold
Chloride. Few questions that I hope some of you might be able to answer.

1. What is a suggestion for solution?
     I saw someone post 5%, which I'm guessing was a water-based solution.

2. How long should I tone before fixing?

3. Should I expect any color shifting with a pure solution of gold chloride
(the solution being water and gold chloride based on what percentage
suggested)?

My main reason for trying this besides curiosity is that people have been
saying that toning might actually help with the bleaching that happens while
fixing a Van Dyke image.