Re: gold toning van dyke browns

From: Andre Fuhrmann (andre.fuhrmann@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: 01/29/02-05:24:35 AM Z

Thanks to Richard Knoppow the matter is finally settled and I stand
corrected. Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner DOES contain hypo -- and quite
a bit. Here are the official figures:

Weight % - Component - (CAS Registry No.)

Concentrate:
  55-60 Water (007732-18-5)
    27 Ammonium thiosulfate (007783-18-8)
  10-15 Sodium sulfite (007757-83-7)
     2 Sodium selenite (010102-18-8)

Working solution:
  80-90 Water (007732-18-5)
   5-10 Ammonium thiosulfate (007783-18-8)
   1-5 Sodium sulfite (007757-83-7)
   < 1 Sodium selenite (010102-18-8)

I also checked the German site of Kodak: KRST is the same here as
everywhere. Though I feel a bit ashamed to have kept you busy and,
perhaps, puzzled over a couple of days its good to finally take home
a piece of firm knowledge -- thanks!

André