Another one bites the dust.

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/29/02-06:09:50 PM Z

Just learned today that Olympus is discontinuing the OM series of cameras.
Of course the OM-1 (one of the best manual SLRs ever made) has been gone for
a while but up till now you could still buy an OM-3 (pro version of the
OM-1) and the OM-4. Olympus has been very big in the digital camera market
and the point-and-shoot area so I guess they are going where the money is.
  Like it or not, this is just one more marker on the road to total digital
photography. It will be up to folks like us to keep the "old knowledge"
alive. Maybe, before its to late, we should don robes, shave our heads and
retire to the scriptorium (sp?) to record all this stuff for posterity. ;-)
  My question, how will profs. teach real photograpy if there are no more
manual cameras?
  Second question. Is silver-gelatin about to become an alternative process?

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:

  http://www.SchrammStudio.com

also look at: