Re: Another one bites the dust.

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 07/29/02-07:59:11 PM Z

In a message dated 7/29/02 8:17:17 PM, schrammrus@hotmail.com writes:

<< Just learned today that Olympus is discontinuing the OM series of cameras.

The good (rumor) news is that Olympus is introducing an interchangeable lens
digital SLR this fall. I personally would rejoice if a manufacturer had the
guts to abandon the make-it-look-like-a-film-SLR approach that we've seen
from Canon and Nikon. A smaller body with smaller, faster lenses, yet
honoring the 35mm aspect ratio would go over big. Of course, it would have to
have at least 6MP resolution or nobody would take notice.

<<Second question. Is silver-gelatin about to become an alternative process?>>

Gosh, I thought it already had. ; -)

Dan