Re: Another one bites the dust.

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/29/02-08:52:05 PM Z

Bob Schramm wrote:

>Just learned today that Olympus is discontinuing the OM series of cameras.
>
> My question, how will profs. teach real photograpy if there are no
>more manual cameras?

Probably with digital cameras. But, exactly what is real photography?

> Second question. Is silver-gelatin about to become an alternative process?

Yes, and probably not a very popular one. After all, why would anyone
want to slave away in the dark to make monochrome silver prints that
are less archival than digital ink-jet prints? As for color, the
Epson pigment printers are already vastly superior to all wet
processed color prints in terms of stability.

Sandy King