mordancage examples

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 06/02/02-09:24:28 AM Z

With the help of a friend I finally got two mordancage examples up on a web
address. The address is http://my.montana.net/zphoto/ It is not fancy
(have to learn html, now, or at least how to run Pagemill) but at least I am
able to show you the example of the yellowing, and also how spray paint on
top of a mordancage works.
     The yellowing example is 6 separate strips cut from one 11x14 print
(not a pretty sight) in areas of predominantly dark and predominantly light
to show not only the yellowing effect but also how mordancage does not
affect highlights.
     The image with the spray painted fern leaves had an original black
background which all snotted off, but the bustier on Emily you can see, with
rubbing, shows the going from positive to negative that mordancage produces
on areas that are intermingled black and white. As an aside, when I tried
the spray paint thingy I thought I had bought a can of clear spray paint,
and was quite surprised when it came out white (I should've figured out the
WHITE top meant WHITE paint, even tho it was on the wrong shelf!!), but I
kept going with it anyway since I had ruined the print. At least you can
see that the spray paint does not get touched by the chems and has really
neat possibilities. The stencil is a cheapy I bought from Walmart, but with
a stencil hot pen and some mylar you could really do some neat stuff (also
with bleaching selectively, too).
     Hope these visuals help those of you who are wondering what this is all
about. I will have more when I read HTML for Dummies...
Chris