Re: one more mordancage post, long...

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 06/02/02-02:55:23 PM Z

Found this, for some reason (or no reason) in my "postpone file." Still
seems a propos, so here it is...

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> ....I even ordered the book that Judy referred to (thanks Judy!) that
> Marriage referred to as his starting point for mordancage--the Wall
> Practical Color Photo book or whatever the title is. I found it at
> abebooks.com and figured for $20 it'd be worth checking out.

Chris, if that's the book I'm thinking of you got a BARGAIN for $20! And
deserve it. Congratulations... (Also, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it
has a chapter on gum printing ???)

As for "the end of testing" -- that's a chimera. A lot of the "problem" is
what to test, which isn't always clear right off -- sometimes the onset
just shows what needs to be tested. (Then I make excellent lists of
everything remaining, though it often stops there.)

We get defensive about testing, like it's for geeks, and "real artists"
don't test ! But test phobia (or half-assed testing) is why the books, the
canon, etc. are so full of error. Of course one wears out, but --- well,
I've said this before: a test can never fail -- it always gives you
information. "Art" can fail,, all too often.

Anyway, it sounds like you have triumphed. Again, congratulations.

Judy

 It is not like