BPF 200 problem

From: Manuel Gomes Teixeira (PunctumStudios@netc.pt)
Date: 06/06/02-07:22:39 PM Z

Hi all,

Today I've printed Pt/PL with a 5x7 BPF 200 negative developed in Pyrocat
HD.
For the first time I noticed a strange phenomena. In the sky zone of the
print a kind of blotches appeared that were not visible at all in the
negative with transmitted light. Meanwhile I discovered that looking to
the film from its back side making it reflecting a fluorescent light I
could see funny colour areas identical to the ones we can see in the cars
windshields when viewed through polaroid glasses.
We can conclude that some of those irregular zones absorb more UV that
others making those areas of different density to appear in the print.
Could be a problem with the antihalation coating ?
As I said before those areas are absolutely invisible through transmitted
light.
Those sheets were developed in a Expert tank. I tried to refix and washing
them again but the problem remained.

I've looked for other BPF sheets from other batches, developed in Rollo Pyro
and I could notice the same phenomena.When the affected area is not sky
nothing wrong appears to be wrong with the print.

Perhaps some other BPF users could have something to say about this matter.

Thanks

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
Punctum Studios Ltd
Aveiro- Portugal