Re: BPF 200 problem

From: wcharmon (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 06/07/02-10:24:18 AM Z

Manuel:

I second Richard's suggestion about loading the drums. I've
put a note on www.unblinkingeye.com under the pyrocatHD
article to the same effect. I might also add that I do a 5
to 10 minute pre-soak (rotating in the drums) in tap water
before development, which seems to remove a lot of the dye
before the developer hits it.

I've had some limited success removing the dye with a double
strength hypoclear solution. You might try about 1-1/2
tablespoon of sodium sulfite and 1/2 teaspoon of sodium
metabisulfite in 1 liter of water if you don't have access
to the pre-packaged hypoclear. Soak the negative with
moderate agitation for about 5-10 minutes, then wash and dry
as usual. It would be worth a shot, especially if the
negative is useless as it is right now.

Clay