Epson 7600 <was ATTN Austin area colleagues>

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 06/21/02-11:40:13 AM Z

Greetings, Group!

I must confess to being truly astounded by the 7600 demo. The 4picoliter
dot size is indiscernible to the eye, and the machine's ease of operation is
remarkable. Among the improvements that impressed me was the
consumer-changeable discharged ink reservoir (a real headache on my old
3000).

The Epson rep was adamant that the dye/pigment configuration was an
either/or proposition-but I'm still not convinced, having adapted other
Epsons to suit my requirements.

For what it's worth to some of us-Cone Editions tells me they will develop
PiezographyBW (neutral carbon pigments) technology to fit the 7600, once
they actually have one on hand to work with.

As for availability, Epson represents that initial inventories should be
arriving next week, with another larger "bubble" shipment arriving in
September. Priced at half the cost of its predecessors (7000, 7500) they
are expecting a tremendous surge in market demand for these machines. (The
rep justified the higher cost of the previous versions by saying that Epson
charged what the market would bear . . . . Capitalism prevails, again.)

My best to all,
John

http://www.photogecko.com/
Home of The Gecko UV Light Box