photographic bleach

From: S Wang (stwang@direcTVinternet.com)
Date: 06/22/02-12:31:29 PM Z

I have a question about the various types of photographic bleach. In
general terms, are the dichromate bleaches reversible while
ferricyanide ones not, that is, the dichromate changes the state of
the silver, whereas ferricyanide removes it?

The reason for asking is that I am looking for a way to bleach and
redevelop some over-developed (in pyro) negatives. My tentative
trials of using the bleach from Kodak Sepia Toner seem to be
promising without using anything else, that is, without clearing,
redevelopment, or toning. I suspect the image not to be very stable,
but would like to hear a knowledgeable opinion. What bleach do you
use for bleach-and-redevelop? It appears that the chromium
intensifier formula posted by Judy may be a good one to try. I assume
that you can control and hold back redevelopment, so as to make it a
reductive instead of an intensifying process.

Anyone with chemistry background still around this time of year?
Thanks in advance.

Sam Wang