Re: Other coatings for glass plates?

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 06/30/02-05:05:05 PM Z

Jon,
     I don't think anyone answered your question so here is my half baked
reply:
     I dunno, Jon, haven't tried it, but I have to write this down on my
list as another thing to test now that you've mentioned it. I also saw, at
a photo gallery, some nice liquid emulsion on glass and gold paint on the
underneath side--a pseudo orotone. I have done such with polaroid emulsion
lifts but think liquid emulsion on glass would be so much better. But, of
course, that is not a neg for the camera....btw, the gelatin subbing
solution works great for adhering emulsion to slippery glazed tile, and I am
next going to try adding a little PVA to the emulsion to see if that does
anything to the exposure.
Chris