RE: PS Re: Pictorico (& Epson & Mac)

From: Baird, Darryl (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 03/08/02-09:23:08 AM Z

" Sorry, but there is a difference between a photographer an a
computer
  technician who thinks is a photographer. And there is a really
difference
  between an artist and a Photoshop user. Hence, I don't have to "get
use to
  it", only technicians do."

I don't understand the point here. You seem to be positioning yourself
as an arbitor of art AND photography... setting up rules that divide
people into classes. History tends to prove this to be quite fruitless
and foolhardy. Atget, Belloq, H. P. Robinson, and Reijlander come to
mind as examples of people who were either condemned for their
un-"photographic" practice or their lack of aesthetic intent.

For me, it is very simple... I think (I am a photograher and an
artist) therefore I am. Let history prove me right or wrong.

-Darryl