Re: sabatier

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/08/02-11:42:03 PM Z

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> My sabatier developer i use that has been so wonderful is the Rainwater
> 77 one--from none other than this list. I also used, with success, the
> Jolly generic solarol one, but much preferred the Rainwater.

Christina... are you sure that was from the list? Please excuse the point,
but that was in P-F #2 (tho it could have made it to list ultimately),
courtesy of Philip Jackson in Australia, who forwarded two copies of the
Australian Magazine "The Photographic Trader" of 1998 with Rainwater's
articles. (He'd moved to Australia.)

Ed Buffaloe tried the formulas for his "duotone solarization" on Bromofort
& Ilfobrom, with details in an afterword to his "Classic
Sabatier...Updated and Split-Toned." (Verdict was "excellent.")

It was also charming to read origin of name "R77." Rainwater said it was
for his age when he devised the formula !!!!

Judy