Re: gum printing size

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 03/11/02-10:53:37 AM Z

Yes, this does help, Katharine. See, the students are under the
understanding that multiple coats above 5x7 are difficult to register, and
it sure seems from this list that that is not so. They also are under the
understanding that you need lots and lots of coats to make a rich gum, and I
usually do 3-6 and it seems on this list if I remember correctly, that 3 or
4 is about average? Like CMYK or RGB. So I thought before I corrected
their possible misunderstandings that I would check with the experts here.
I am a mid-amateur gummist, having done lots but not enough to trust my
judgment in the slightest. Hence I follow the alt list gum stuff avidly.
     BTW, I (obviously) am not teaching the class--I just gave a talk on my
own work I told them I would give them a report on what I find out about
these questions.
     I would love to see that little 2x3--that sounds so cool!!
chris